Healthy Start Voucher Scheme
If you are pregnant or have a child under four years old you could get Healthy Start vouchers to help buy some basic foods. This important means-tested scheme provides vouchers to spend with local retailers. Pregnant women and children over one and under four years old can get one £3.10 voucher per week. Children under one year old can get two £3.10 vouchers (£6.20) per week.
The vouchers can be spent on:
• plain cow’s milk – whole, semi-skimmed or skimmed. It can be pasteurised, sterilised, long life or UHT
• plain fresh or frozen fruit and veg (fruit and vegetables with no added ingredients), whole or chopped, packaged or loose
• infant formula milk that says it can be used from birth and is based on cow’s milk.
If you would like to know if you qualify and where to find your nearest participating retailer please go to the Healthy Start website for more details
- Healthy Start
- Service Type:
- Money and Benefits Advice
- Eligibility criteria:
- Women who are pregnant or families with a child under four years old and who are on certain benefits qualify for Healthy Start. All pregnant women under the age of 18 qualify – whether or not they are on benefits.
This page was last updated on 18 December 2017